25.0 Release Notes
These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of February 1st, 2021. Some changes in messenger. We’re starting to roll out Messenger on Oculus to people who have logged into Quest and Quest 2 using their Facebook account.
- With this update, you can choose to chat with your Facebook friends anywhere they have Messenger, even if they’re not in VR. You can:
- Chat with friends anywhere they have Messenger, without taking off the headset.
- Invite friends to join you in a game or experience.
- Jump into games together by sending a party invite.
- Please note this will continue to roll out in the coming weeks, so you may not see the update right away -- stay tuned as it continues to be released.
Guardian and Passthrough
- Stationary Guardian 2.0
- We’ve improved Stationary Guardian with the following updates:
- Updated Stationary Guardian visuals to remove the grid.
- Adjusted Stationary Guardian to be responsive when you move your headset, no controllers needed.
- Added a new in-VR tutorial explaining how to use Guardian.